This past weekend, Kendall's family got to come down and stay with us. We were celebrating Father's Day early since his dad will be gone on a business trip to Germany. It's okay to be slightly jealous ;).
Anyways, I decided to give these Cuban Sliders a shot. I've seen them repinned a thousand times on Pinterest, and they always look so delicious. They definitely lived up to their popularity! I got my recipe from the House of Yumm blog. If you're looking for a quick, easy, and delicious meal to put together for your family or a summer time picnic, you should give these a try. If you're looking for something healthy, these are definitely not it, but they are worth the calories and fat and some extra time on the elliptical.
First, after you spray your pan, you want to layer the bottom half of some Hawaiian sweet rolls in the bottom or your pan. I got two packages of the sub version of these rolls squeezed into a 9x13 pan.
You than want to add a layer of meat, a layer of cheese, and a layer of pickles.
After you've added your layers, add the top half of the buns.
Combine the minced onions (I used vidalia), the Dijon mustard, and the melted butter in a bowl, and than spread it generously on top. It looks like a mess but most of it will cook into the bread.
Cover the pan with foil and cook at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes are up, remove the foil and cook for another 10 minutes. A lot of the sauce will still be visible when you take the sliders out of the oven, but it will finish soaking in after you leave them to sit and cool for a few minutes before eating.
I wish I had taken a picture of them fresh, but we were all starving when they came out of the oven and dug right in! The pics below were taken the day after they were made, and they tasted just as good leftover and cold as they did fresh and warm. :) I hope you enjoy and the full recipe is posted below the pics!
- 24 pack of Hawaiian rolls
- 1 package of sliced ham lunch meat
- 1 package of 8 slices of swiss cheese
- dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease 9x13 baking pan
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half removing the top and placing the bottom of the rolls in the baking pan. Layer the meat, cheese, and pickles. Place the top of the rolls on top.
- Whisk together the butter and the dijon mustard. Add in the minced onion and stir. With a spoon pour the dijon spread over the top of the rolls.
- Cover the sliders with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the rolls are a toasted brown.
- Cut the sliders and remove from the baking pan. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed these Cuban Sliders as much as we die, please feel free to pin them using the image below!